Ethiopian Airlines Booking: Flight Reservations
Ethiopian Airlines is the flag carrier of Ethiopia and is wholly owned by their government. It was founded in 1945 and has become one of the most used commercial airlines to travel in Ethiopia. Its fleet consists of 105 aircraft, and the flights fly to 115 different destinations. The airline’s headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and the central hub is at Bole International Airport. If you plan to travel with Ethiopian airlines reservation, then read the article to learn more about the airline and its various policies and services.
About Ethiopian Airlines
Ethiopian Airlines is the most critical airline in Ethiopia. The last Abyssinian emperor created it in 1945, and a year later, it began to cover the weekly route between the country’s capital, Addis Ababa, and Cairo. Its current name dates from 1965. It is one of the best-regarded companies in Africa and is a member of the Star Alliance. It has a fleet of more than 70 aircraft, with an average of around ten years, and among them, they have Airbus A350-900 models and Boeing 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, and 787, as well as various Bombardiers. It covers more than one hundred passenger routes and twenty cargo routes, mainly in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, without forgetting Europe and America. It also operates domestic flights. Its base of operations is Bole International Airport, in the capital.
How to Make Ethiopian Airlines Flight Booking
Ethiopian Airlines offers their passengers various options to make their Ethiopian Airlines booking successfully and without any hassle. The airlines provide four ways to make a reservation, and they are as follows:
- Passengers can make their reservations using the online booking method. Ethiopian Airline online booking is one of the most comfortable and most convenient options to make a flight booking from your home or office’s comfort. The online method has two options: making the booking using their official website or using their mobile application.
- Travelers can even use the offline method of merely calling the Ethiopian Airlines phone number and letting their representatives help with the best suitable option.
- You can even choose to make the reservation at the airport ticket counter of Ethiopian Airlines or the self-service kiosk available at the airport.
- And last but not least, travelers can go to a travel agent to make their Ethiopian Airlines reservation.
Steps to Successfully Make Ethiopian Airlines Flight Booking
- Firstly, passengers need to visit the official website or mobile application of Ethiopian Airlines.
- The first page you will see will be the flight booking page.
- Select the trip type, whether it’s a round trip or a one-way trip.
- Now enter all the details of the journey like the destinations, dates and the number of passengers.
- You may even add a promo code in the box given if there is any available.
- Now, after entering all the details, click on Search Flights.
- Next, you will see the list of flights flying to the given destination at that particular date and time.
- Now, select your flight as per your preference and click continue.
- Next, you will see a page to fill in the passenger’s details and contact information.
- After filling in the details, click continue.
- You will now enter the payment page, wherein you need to select your payment method and make the payment for booking your flights successfully.
- After the payment is made, you will receive a confirmation mail with the details of your flight itinerary.
Why Choose Ethiopian Airlines Booking?
Ethiopian is known for its incredible inflight experience that it offers to all its passengers. The airline provides Economy and Business Class travel options for the traveler to choose their seats and services according to their preferences. Ethiopian Airlines lets you select seats from your reservation’s first steps based on availability and the chosen fare. In case you have not selected a chair before, you can do it in the billing process. If you don’t specify a location either, the airline will randomly assign a specific seat that may vary depending on your needs.
Ethiopian Airlines does not charge any fee for payments by credit or debit card and online, telephone or face-to-face reservations.
Ethiopian Airlines flights include a courtesy service of snacks or food onboard on all their routes; alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, hot, cold, and of course, menus according to the schedule and the distance of the route. Both in Economy and CloudNine, the menus are taken care of in detail, and the only difference is the variety in the latter rate.
Once onboard, the passenger enjoyed an entertainment system with international movies, series, music, and television programs on demand and included in the ticket price and practically all international flights.
The airline is also known for its punctuality as 75.65% of Ethiopian Airlines flights landed on time during 2017. This statistical data indicates that the average delay for the Ethiopian flag carrier is 46.29 minutes making it one airline to fly with if you wish to reach a destination on time. .
Advantage of Calling Ethiopian Customer Service Number
Like any other major Airline, Ethiopian Airlines also helps its passengers resolve any issue related to their Ethiopian Airlines booking, baggage, or any other special service; they can contact the Ethiopian Airlines customer service number by dialing 000 800 100 7947. Below are the various services offered by Ethiopian Airlines:
- Passengers can resolve any issue related to their current Ethiopian Airlines flight booking or initiate a new reservation with their helpful representatives’ help.
- Travelers can contact the Ethiopian Airlines phone number to modify or cancel their reservation
- You can even ask for special services like a different meal plan or any other special service like a bassinet request, minor unaccompanied traveler, or any other service by simply asking from the customer service agent.
- Get more information on Pet policy
- More details in Flight Status
- Make changes with the passenger’s details or contact number
- Change flight date and time
Ethiopian Airlines Manage Booking Option
- Passengers have the option to take care of their reservations as per their preferences.
- Travelers have the opportunity to check their flight booking and the status of their Ethiopian flight.
- Travelers can request a change of date for their trip.
- Find all the essential information for online check-in.
- You can check the documents required on any international flight, request VISA information, and other safety rules in force in the destination country.
- Passengers can purchase priority boarding options from the Ethiopian Airlines Manage Booking option and other baggage requests for a hassle-free journey.
- Passengers have the opportunity to book accommodation at great discounted fares, buy travel insurance, or rent a car if their trip requires it.
According to their preferences, these are some of Ethiopian Airlines Manage Booking options to help its passengers manage their flight reservations.
So, hop on your Ethiopian Airlines booking and explore the best parts of your favorite destinations, and have an incredible vacation.
Ethiopian Airlines Booking: FAQs
Q1. How can I book a flight ticket from Ethiopian Airlines?
There are two easy ways that you can use Ethiopian airlines booking, which is mentioned below:
- Via Phone Call
You can connect with the booking service representative of Ethiopian Airlines by dialing the regional contact number, which you can find from the official website of Ethiopian Airlines. You can find the customer service executive 24/7 to assist you.
- Through the Official Website
You can also do it by visiting the registered website of Ethiopian Airlines. You need to log into your account and search for your desired destination. Then you need to select the ideal flight as per your budget, date, time and other terms. Then add services to your flight if you want and at last pay for your flight ticket.
Q2. How can I cancel my Ethiopian Airlines flight ticket?
If you want to do it by yourself, you need to visit the website of Ethiopian Airlines and then sign up for your account. After that, you need to click on the “Manage My Booking” option and select the specific Ethiopian airlines flight booking you want to cancel. Confirm your cancellation. You can also take help from the customer service agents of Ethiopian Airlines to help you cancel your flight ticket. But before canceling your flight ticket, you should read the cancellation policies of Ethiopian Airlines carefully to avoid the extra charges.
Q3. How may I claim my refund?
If you have followed the cancellation and refund policy of Ethiopian Airlines, you can easily get your refund. To know the policies, you need to visit the official site of Ethiopian Airlines. You can visit the cancelation page of your booking and click on the refund button. After that, you need to fill the form and submit it. You can also connect with the Ethiopian airlines customer service and provide the booking number and your last name to initiate the refund process.
Q4. How long do I need to wait for my refund?
You need to wait for at least five to seven working days from the day of your request raised. You will receive your refund after your claim gets verified by the officials of Ethiopian Airlines.
Q5. How much charge do I need to pay for the cancellation?
The cancellation charges on Ethiopian Airlines depend upon the travel class and the date & time of when the cancellation is completed. If you have purchased the refundable flight ticket, then you can cancel it without paying any charges. But if you have purchased the non-refundable flight ticket, your entire booking amount will be fortified as a cancellation charge. Apart from that, if you have canceled the flight ticket within one day of booking, you don’t need to pay any charges, but after one day of booking, you need to pay the penalties. You can dial the Ethiopian airlines customer service number and speak with the customer service agent for further information.
Q6. I want to make some changes to my booking. How may I proceed?
You can do it from the “Manage My Booking” option. You need to log into your account and select the booking in which you want to make changes and save it. If you have followed the cancellation and change policies of Ethiopian Airlines, then you may not have to pay any charges for your modifications.
Q7. How are the terms to get compensation from Ethiopian Airlines?
Compensation will only be provided to any Ethiopian Airlines passengers when their flight is canceled from the airline’s side or delayed. For these two major issues, you can get compensation from the airlines. If you have added any services to your flight ticket and you didn’t receive it, you will also get compensation. You are free to dial the Ethiopian airlines contact number and talk with the customer service official about the complete details about compensation terms.
Q8. I lost my baggage. How may I get it back?
If you lost your baggage in the airport while traveling with Ethiopian Airlines, you need to quickly connect with the baggage control office at the airport and find the ideal person to solve the issue. You need to provide the complete details about the lost baggage so that they can initiate the search. With the help of Ethiopian airlines phone number, you can also connect with the baggage control official and fill up the lost report form. The official will provide you the reference number you need to handle diligently until you find your baggage.
Q9. How to make a group booking in Ethiopian Airlines?
You can visit the website specific for group booking by Ethiopian Airlines. You can sign up for your account and start filling in the details of the passengers. Pay at last and enjoy your journey with your squad.
See Other Related Airlines
Submit your review
I vividly remember my first time flying with Ethiopian Airlines; it was Christmas eve of 2019, the flight was jam-packed with people trying to reach Cape town for the holidays. Despite all the craziness going on, the staff was extremely polite to everyone and followed all the flying guidelines. In all honesty, the food was not the best, but it was a great bargain at such low prices.